Saturday, August 18, 2007

To the gift of 'Words'...

I always think I have enough material to write books about .... but once I have the keypad below my fingers .... things never seem to manifest themselves as words...
Words - the biggest weapon we have in our hands....
The power of words is phenomenal ..not in the revolutionary sense but in a day to day scheme of things words have the potentiality to make or break someones day .... A sweet word or a joke can do miracles on a hopelessly depressing day ... At the same time a whiff of sarcasm is all we need to break someones heart into pieces...
Personally, I believe its words that take us through the twists and turns of life... they are our true companions.... always there with us ...

In the lullaby of my mom...
In the expectations of my dad...
In the fights with my brother...
In the gossip of my friends...
In the endearments of my lover...

In the sigh of disappointment...
In the burst of anger ...
In the realization of love ...
In the expression of wonder...
In the meaning of life ...

Words support me ...
They cajole me...
The admonish me...
Through the thick and thin they accompany me...

To the gift of words... something that forms the basis of our 'intelligent' HUMAN life form.....

1 comment:

ethos said...

It reminded me of lyric from Boyzone song "Words".
"....t's only words
And words are all I have...".

The above line truly conveys the phenomenal power of words.

In the Information Age we are moving away from this realization. Now words are considered merely as part of data and more importance is given to the data & the information deduced from it.

Like clock which visit the same position after every 12 hour...I am just waiting for 12th hour :D