Saturday, February 16, 2013

Reinvention...


Today, looking at the splashing rain and the swaying trees... I could not help but wonder that after a dry spell as nature renews itself and is adorned in all possible shades of green... 
Should we, a part of nature also turn a new leaf and well rise from the ashes like the phoenix... like a new leaf that adorns the branch reinvent ourselves... 
Whatever we might reinvent ourself will be an upgraded version of us... The core shall remain no matter how many cosmetic changes we do... Just as a Mango tree remains a Mango tree despite centuries of rain and sun...
The sooner we realize this and embrace the person we are within the closer we would be to our being....
Because, howsoever we might wish to cosmetically change the soil, the roots and the essence that we come from remain the same...
And so must we...
If not for the love of oneself... Then for the respect of ones roots...

I am what I am because of the effort of so many people...
I endeavour to improve myself and inculcate in me all the goodness possible...
But, I refuse to change myself just because the situation around me is bad or evil...
If I do that, I let the effort and pride of all those behind me...

I know it sounds too idealistic, and as people around me have always said world is not as simple as you believe...
Maybe my DNA makes me a red leaf among all green ones...
But maybe just maybe the world around us is as complicated or simple as we make it...

No comments: